CURRENT PRACTICES TO REDUCE TRANSMISSION
Many steps have been taken to minimize the risk of viral transmission of COLD, FLU and COVID-19 but the nature of massage therapy means that physical distancing is not possible in the treatment room. If you are experiencing any COVID-19, cold or flu like symptoms, cough, fever, shortness of breath, reduced sense of smell I ask that you reschedule your appointment until you are healthy.
What to expect when booking your RMT Appointment
I have suspended pre-screening for treatments until further notice. Please reach out of you are sick and cannot come in. Masks are optional for both you and your therapist now but still STRONGLY RECOMMENDED by the College of Massage Therapy of BC. I will no longer be wearing one in the treatment space as but I have masks if you want me to wear one for your treatment, just let me know!
Day of Your Appointment
- Please arrive no more than 5 minuties prior to your appointment.
- Please arrive to appointment unaccompanied unless required. Eg: a minor that requires a parent/guardian, infirm and in need assistance, or those requiring a translator etc.
- The treatment room door will either be ajar or locked. Please knock and wait to be let in if it is locked. Usually I am at my desk by the door so I will hear you. Don't worry! If you are early you are welcome to knock, I do not mind you waiting inside while I finish cleaning/setting up.
- You will need to sanitize your hands upon entering the practice space and after your treatment.
- Please avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose. If you must, please ask for a tissue and sanitizer.
What else I am doing to keep us safe
- Cancellation policy is currently relaxed only if you are sick. So please let me know and we will reschedule.
- If you are at a greater risk of infection, please let your therpist know and extra precautions for treatment can be discussed. This could be gloves, coming in earlier or at the end of day etc. when there is less foot traffic.
- As per current sanitary pracitces I will wash my hands before and after treatment with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer will be used upon returning to the treatment room.
- I will not come in if feeling unwell and will inform you as soon as possible if I cannot come in due to illness.
- I have moved back to 15 minute breaks between treatments but still regularly clean and disinfect high touch surfaces and air out the treatment room as needed between treatments.
- Electronics such as an ipad for consent, square tap device and mobile phone for payment will be sanitized regularly through the day.
- PreEmpt brand of cleaner is used for high touch surfaces such as the table, stool, bench, chair, pillows and face cradle. Various other surfaces and floors are cleaned with bleach. The floor is partially moped between treatments around the table and completly moped at end of day.
The below documents and links are what I used in phase 1 & 2 in my daily practice. These were to to ensure I maintained proper cleaning procedures to help reduce the spread of COVID-19. I still follow this cleaning plan, however I no longer document this after each treatment.