About Evan Vandersluys
Evan Vandersluys RMT is a 2018 Graduate of Vancouver College of Massage Therapy (VCMT). His diploma provided classroom education covering many conditions and treatment modalities as well as in-depth studies of human anatomy and physiology. Part of the school curriculum also included cadaver lab experiences as well as introductions to various advanced massage modalities such as myofascial release, muscle energy and manual lymph drainage.
As part of his hands-on education, Evan also participated in a variety of outreach opportunities in the local communities. Through experiencing a variety of different clinical environments in an outreach setting, Evan honed his manual skills on various population groups such as university athletes, elderly, crossfitters, special needs and the general public via school clinic.
Massage Therapy Techniques
Evan combines a variety of modalities into his treatments which can include:
- Deep Tissue Techniques
- Basic & Therapy Level 1 Manual Lymph Drainage
- Assisted Stretching
- Trigger-Point Release Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Muscle Energy Techniques
- Swedish Massage
- Joint Mobilizations
- Neuromuscular Techniques
- Sports Massage
- Pregnancy Massage
- Cancer Awareness Training
In addition, through introductory courses offered in school and after graduation, Evan has developed an interest in myofascial techniques and manual lymph drainage. An introduction to these modalities has given Evan a keen interest in persuing further post-graduate education to learn more about how these can help clients.
Massage Therapy Treatments
As a recent graduate, Evan has experience with numerious conditions and pathologies. Evan can help with anything from musculoskeletal conditions such as strains and sprains to systemic conditions such as stress reduction, pregnancy and fibromyalgia.
English - Native Japanese - Advanced Dutch - Beginner
Hobbies & Interests
Evan brings with him over 5 years of experience of teaching in overseas in Japan as well as advanced knowledge in Pacific and Asian studies, particularly Japanese language, history and culture. He is an avid traveler and enjoys staying fit through gym, hiking on the north shore and cooking great food. Since the start of lockdown he has also started to learn Dutch to learn more about his family's roots.
- Vancouver College of Massage Therapy | Diploma in Massage Therapy - 2018
- Capilano Univeristy | Diploma in Interactive Design - 2009
- University of Victoria | Bachelor of Arts - Pacific and Asian Studies - 2002
- Standard First Aid Re-Certification | CPR/AED Level C with CPR - 2022
- Robert Libby Courses | Ligamentous Articular Strain Technique for the hip - 2022
- Robert Libby Courses | Ligamentous Articular Strain Technique for the shoulder - 2022
- Accelerated Online Learning | Ultimate Guide to Deep Tissue Therapy - 2021
- Family Centre Therapeutics | Pregnancy Massage - Childbearing Years - 2020
- Vodder Lymph Drainage Academy | Level 1 Lymphatic Drainage - 2019
- Vodder Lymph Drainage Academy | Basic Level Lymphatic Drainage- 2018
- NCCA accredited ACE Certification | Personal Trainer - 2017
Cell: 604-725-2222 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org